Are you looking to expand into the market in Spain and/or Latin America, or do you already have a Spanish website and would like to receive more traffic?
Get an SEO Spanish translation that fits your website and marketing content ‘como anillo al dedo’ (like a glove).
We’re a multilingual marketing, translation, SEO and web design company and can help bring more customers to your business.
Having a professional website translation with marketing content that is carefully localised is a key component to successfully connecting with your target audience in Spain, Latin America, and other Spanish-speaking markets. It will also help you to rank well in Google’s search results.
A website well localised in Spanish is enriched with idiomatic nuances to ensures that your brand values and voice do not get lost in translation. As part of every localisation, we will also do keyword research and include keywords in the translated content that will enhance your Spanish SEO.
The Spanish & Latin American Spanish Speaking Market
Spanish is the fourth most spoken language worldwide and the third most used in Internet.
More than 577 million people speak Spanish as their first or second language. From that number, almost 47 million are in Spain, more than 410 million in Latin America and around 41 million in the US.
More than 20 million students are learning Spanish, which makes it, together with Chinese, the second most studied language internationally. And in the UK and United States, Spanish is considered one of the most important languages of the future.
If we talk about digital commerce and social media:
- In Spain, around 26 million people use social media, 96% of them on a daily basis and more than 55% recognize it influence them when buying a product or a service.
- By 2022, in Latin America more than 50% of the GDP of the region will come from the digital economy. Consumers also commonly prefer goods and services from abroad.
These figures show how relevant the Spanish-speaking markets are. There are many reasons not to miss the opportunity of expanding your brand presence with a professional Spanish translation of your website and content, optimized for Google.
The importance of a professional Spanish translation
Compromising quality is never a good idea. Sometimes a communication and marketing budget does not take into consideration the need for a professional Spanish translation that is good for both SEO and your target audience. Instead, brands decide to trust the automated translations of their CMS or use Google Translate, or another automated software.
The result: a rigid translation not adapted to the vocabulary of your industry, not localised to culturally connect with your audience and not optimised with the right keywords to rank well in Google in the countries where you want to expand.
As we say in Spanish, ‘A buen entendedor, pocas palabras bastan’, which can be localised as ‘a word to the wise is enough’. So much more than a translation, a professional translator will create a transcreation. A transcreation enhances the content with the idiomatic and cultural nuances that will make your text sound natural in Spanish.
For example, if you are localising a marketing English website for Spain, you may want to have a translation with a relaxed - not too formal - tone, that keeps all the anglicism commonly used in the industry in Spain.
A good translation respects the style of the original text, and always includes careful proofreading.
How we work: our translation service
Indigoextra offer professional translation services in Spanish from/to English, French, Dutch, Italian and German. If required, we also offer a complete website translation, working in WordPress or Drupal to also handle all the technical aspects of the project. We may also be able to work directly with your CMS, saving the need for major web development as part of the project.
Our Spanish translation service mostly focuses on website and marketing content translation optimized for search engines, including brochures and e-commerce text, but our team of Spanish translators have expertise in several fields and with different types of content such as:
- General creative copy
We manage the project from start to finish. This includes:
- Consultation to carefully adjust the translation to the style and tone of voice of the original text, ensuring it is optimized for search engines.
- Keyword research for the specific market (Spain, Latin American countries, UK…), and Metatag optimization for website copy translations. We will analyse the keywords used by several of your competitors and provide reports of thousands of keywords used, along with search volume and SEO challenge, then select the most appropriate keywords for your project.
- We make sure the Metatag Titles and Descriptions are always the right length (in Spanish we pay special attention to this because some words or phrases tend to be longer than in English).
- SEO translation by a qualified native professional translator with experience in marketing.
- Translation of images and descriptions (ALT tags).
- Comprehensive proofreading.
- If required, support to add the content to your site using your CMS.
Our team of translators
All our translators are qualified to degree level or higher, are native Spanish speakers and have years of translation experience. They are also fluent English speakers (for English to Spanish translations). That ensures you will have a professional linguistic result with no spelling or grammar issues.
Our agency selects highly recommended professionals from several areas of expertise and with marketing knowledge. We allocate each project to the professional with the most expertise in the field.
Indigoextra makes sure all the translators apply the following principle to your Spanish translation: understanding your core marketing message and ensuring that it connects with your target Spanish-speaking audience.
How is an SEO translation different?
An SEO translation adapts your content to the Spanish culture and enhances it with relevant Spanish keywords to help your website rank high with Google.
SEO translations offer the opportunity to small and medium businesses to reach an international audience with ease and efficiency, without investing large sums of money. As they say in Spain, ‘sin costar un ojo de la cara’.
Having a successful multilingual site is a challenge and requires more than good automatic translation software. Your site content needs to contain the right keywords and optimized Meta Titles, Descriptions and URLs to gain the highest possible position with Google and other search engines.
When working on an SEO Spanish translation, our starting point is to identify target keywords in the specific market and incorporate them as we translate. The general workflow is:
- We map the top keywords for each page and for the whole site in the source language.
- We translate these keywords into Spanish and brainstorm other related Spanish keywords, then use the Keywords Explorer from SEMRush or Ahrefs to check search volumes and identify which have relatively high search volumes and relatively low keyword difficulty in Spain, or the target country.
- Our translators refer to this list of Spanish Keywords as they complete the translation, where necessary rewriting sentences to adapt to a different keyword and ensuring that content is fully optimized.
- Our translators also edit the Metatags to ensure that they’re not cut short in Google’s search results, which would reduce their effectiveness.
One detail that is important to highlight: Google has got a lot smarter at reading content over recent years. We therefore always prioritize using good spelling and grammar and writing naturally, over inserting exact keywords, or using keywords an excessive number of times.
If we come across a site that is not optimized in its original language, for example, missing Metatags or not including any relevant keywords, we write them from scratch in Spanish, and offer SEO consultancy with suggestions for improvements to the original website.
Other Spanish marketing services
Our SEO agency can also help you with your copywriting, link building and social media marketing in Spanish.
Our copywriters have expertise with several Spanish localisations (Spain, US Spanish, Mexico, Argentina…), and will be happy to research and write SEO content directly in Spanish ready to publish in your site, guest blogs, and social media.
We can take care of your social media marketing in Spanish creating and managing your profiles. We create new content, publish it and interact with your followers.
To drive traffic to your Spanish website, we offer Spanish link building services. The links are carefully written and placed in guest blogs, or to go with infographics. We then contact Spanish bloggers and ask them to include the guest blog or infographic on their site. Backlinks are the first contact many customers will have with your brand, and to rank better in Google it is important they are in the same language as the page being linked to.
Are you ready to make your big entrance in Spain and/or another Spanish-speaking market? Do you already have content in Spanish but want a ‘borrón y cuenta nueva’ (to wipe the slate clean) to replace it with carefully translated and optimized website and marketing content?
Let us take care of you Spanish SEO and translation to ensure your brand has success in all the languages you communicate in. If you get in touch we will be glad to send you a free quote.