Indigoextra Ltd Terms and Conditions – SEO and Link Building
Date of last revision - 6 December 2013
The following definitions apply to these Terms and Conditions:
Content: Content written by Indigoextra Ltd or its employees, sub-contractors or consultants. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Content for articles, directory submissions, social media submissions and links.Keyword reports
- Content for the client’s website
- Other text or images created by Indigoextra Ltd.
Contract: The client’s acceptance of a quotation from Indigoextra Ltd;
Client: the individual or company who purchases services from Indigoextra Ltd;
Service: The content writing, on-page SEO and link building services performed by Indigoextra Ltd or its employees, sub-contractors or consultants.
VAT: Value Added Tax chargeable under UK law (currently 20%)
Indigoextra Ltd. are registered at 25 Ford Ave, Loscoe, Heanor, Derbyshire, DE75 7LR.
Indigoextra Ltd. also trade as French SEO Team, 1 SEO Company and 1 Website Designer.
2 Application of Conditions
By accepting a proposal or quote from Indigoextra Ltd. the client agrees to these terms and conditions.
These terms and conditions shall apply to all contracts for SEO and shall prevail over inconsistent terms or conditions in client communications, including confirmation of order, briefs or acceptance of quotes by letter or email.
Proposals or quotes sent by Indigoextra Ltd. are valid for 2 months from the date they are sent, provided that Indigoextra Ltd. has not previously withdrawn them.
YOU ARE PARTICULARLY RECOMMENDED TO READ CLAUSES 19 – 23, THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
1) Unless otherwise agreed Indigoextra Ltd. will provide the initial content within:
2 weeks of receipt of initial payment where the total content is under 3,000 words
4 weeks where the total content is between 3,001 and 10,000 words
A duration to be agreed at the time for projects of over 10,000 words.
2) Indigoextra shall use reasonable endeavours to deliver the content and links to the client within the dates specified in the proposal, quote or contract.
3) Should any link not meet the quality criteria provided in the proposal, Indigoextra Ltd will replace it at no extra charge, provided they are notified by the client within 1 month of sending the link report to the client.
4) Should the client notify Indigoextra Ltd. that any link has disappeared within 6 months of receipt of a specific link report, then Indigoextra Ltd. will replace the link at no extra charge on the same or an equivalent website.
5) Indigoextra Ltd is not responsible for the content or changes on third party websites.
6) It is acknowledged that the services provided are on a non-exclusive basis and Indigoextra Ltd is free to supply services to other businesses of a similar or competing nature as the client.
7) Indigoextra Ltd. provide no warranties or guarantees regarding the outcome of predicted results produced by any given SEO or link building campaign.
8) Indigoextra Ltd shall have no liability to the client in the event that their service is prevented or delayed due to events or accidents beyond its control, including strikes, failure of a utility service or transport, acts of God, war or natural disasters, including those effecting its suppliers or sub-contractors.
9) The client shall respond promptly to requests for information from Indigoextra Ltd. relating to the service, such as selecting keywords and specifying URLs.
10)The client shall have the opportunity to review content and provide feedback on it. Unless the client responds to the contrary within 7 days of receipt, they shall be deemed to have approved the content. Indigoextra Ltd shall have no liability for any errors in respect of content which has been passed to the client for approval.
11)If Indigoextra’s service is prevented or delayed by any act or omission of the client or their representatives, Indigoextra Ltd shall not be liable for any costs incurred by the client from such prevention or delay. In particular, on-page SEO work cannot be completed until the client has provided Indigoextra Ltd. with FTP and/or CMS login details to their site.
12)Without the written authorisation of Indigoextra Ltd, the client shall not at any time from the start of the contract to within 6 months after the termination of the contract, offer paid work on either an employed or self-employed basis to any member of Indigoextra Ltd’s team, whether engaged as an employee or sub-contractor of Indigoextra Ltd.
13)The client shall inform Indigoextra Ltd of any changes to its website that may affect Indigoextra’s ability to perform the services, including, but not limited to, changing the URLs (web addresses) of pages that Indigoextra Ltd. are linking to.
14)The client shall keep any quotes or proposals from Indigoextra Ltd. confidential to their employees or consultants.
15)The client agrees to pay invoices by PayPal, cheque or bank transfer at the pre-agreed dates. Unless specified separately in the contract, this is:
100% in advance of each month for ongoing SEO projects.
50% in advance and 50% within 15 days of completion for one-off projects.
16)Any overdue invoices will be subject to an admin charge of 20 Euros and interest at 0.2% of the overdue amount per week that the payment is overdue.
17)In the event that any invoice becomes overdue, Indigoextra reserve the right to stop all work on the client’s site until the invoice is paid.
18)UK VAT will be added to all invoices (at the current rate of 20%).
Limitation of Liability
19)This section details the complete financial liability of Indigoextra Ltd and its employees, agents or sub-contractors in respect of:
- Any breach of the contract;
- All services provided;
- All statements and tortious acts or omissions (including negligence).
20)The position of a website with Search Engines may vary depending on changes to the content of a client’s website, ongoing updates in algorithms and other sites adding or changing links to a client’s site. Indigoextra Ltd. therefore does not guarantee a benefit from their SEO and link building service and is not liable for any factors outside of their control.
21)Indigoextra Ltd. cannot control content or other links on its partner sites. If the client would prefer that any links be removed, they should notify Indigoextra Ltd in writing and Indigoextra Ltd will request that the link be removed.
22)Nothing in these conditions limits or stops Indigoextra Ltd’s liability in the event of:
a) Death or physical injury as a result of Indigoextra Ltd’s negligence; or
b) Any liability or damage incurred by the client due to fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation by Indigoextra Ltd;
23) Indigoextra’s maximum liability including for breach of statutory duty or negligence, misrepresentation, or otherwise resulting from their performance or services of this contract shall be limited to the amount paid or payable by the Customer to Indigoextra under this Contract in the three months immediately preceding the month in which the event (or first in a series of connected events) occurred.
24)This contract and any legal dispute arising from it shall be governed in accordance with English law.
25)In the event that there is any claim or dispute arising from this contract, both parties shall at first attempt to reach an amicable settlement and if this cannot be achieved, shall resolve the dispute in an English court.
26)Indigoextra reserve the right to state that they have completed the SEO for the client’s website and to include a description of the client’s site, a brief summary of the work undertaken and a screenshot of the client’s website on their own sites.
27)All content written or created by Indigoextra Ltd. shall remain the intellectual property of Indigoextra Ltd. On receipt of final payment for a given SEO project, Indigoextra Ltd. shall licence all intellectual property rights to the client at no extra charge on a worldwide, ongoing basis. Content created by Indigoextra Ltd. may be used as examples of work on Indigoextra Ltd’s own websites, but will not be used to promote other client sites.
28)Any content provided by the client will remain the intellectual property of the client and they agree to licence the rights to Indigoextra Ltd. to use it as necessary to fulfil their SEO service.