An SEO Agency with 14 years' experience
Indigoextra offer SEO services to small and medium sized companies throughout France, as well as international companies looking to expand in the French market.
Our SEO agency has 14 years' experience, and though we are a UK based company, our team includes native French speaking SEO consultants, copywriters, translators and link builders. The team works remotely from their own homes, so many members of our team are based in France, as we believe in finding the best person for the task, wherever in the world they happen to be based. Everyone in our French SEO agency is educated to degree level or higher and has previous relevant experience.
We offer each of the following as a stand-alone option, or if you'd prefer we will put together a complete SEO package for you that includes a combination of some or all of:
- Keyword research - We will find the best keywords with high monthly traffic and where possible low organic competition.
- SEO consultation - We will provide advice and training on how to optimize your site based on your budget, in order to gain the best return on investment. This can be in the form of hourly consultation, a complete on-page SEO analysis, user-experience feedback from members of the general public who match your target customers, or training to help you or your copywriters keep your website updated with well optimized content.
- English to French translation - If your site's not already been translated, we will translate it into French for you. This can include a complete website translation in WordPress, Drupal or PrestaShop, where we do all the web development work, as well as providing an accurate and professional translation.
- On-Page SEO - Writing new content for your site (e.g. blog posts or product descriptions) or optimizing existing content (e.g. rewriting Metatags and URLs).
- Web design - as well as translating content, we can create your entire site in French, ensure it looks great on mobiles, improve the speed and provide other web development services.
- French link building – Google place equal importance on backlinks to your site, therefore no SEO campaign is complete unless it also includes quality French backlinks. We will boost your site’s position in Google.fr through French guest posts on high authority sites, creating professional infographics and sharing these or other images, managing social media campaigns, and submitting your site to related directories.
As we work on your project our team will constantly ask themselves:
"If search engines didn't exist, would this still make sense?"
If the answer is, "No," then we find an alternative solution.
Having great user-experience and natural backlinks are two essential factors for both SEO and generating sales.
A brief background
Over the last decade Google has made huge progress in how it ranks websites and decides which to put first in the search results. Google’s algorithms like RankBrain, an advanced artificial intelligence, means that old fashioned strategies like keyword stuffing, automated translations, or building hundreds of poor quality links no longer work. This development has in turn led to Google’s search results being more relevant and useful to its customers.
When looking specifically at French SEO, having the following factors are all essential in order to rank well:
- A professionally written (or translated) website that’s carefully proofread and include keywords occasionally, but not excessively. It's more important that you use correct spelling and grammar than including phrases exactly as they are, as when entering a phrase to search in Google, people often ignore accents or conjugations, but Google takes this into account for SEO.
- Metatag titles and descriptions that are localized for visitors in France, are the appropriate length, and which will encourage visitors to click them.
- A web design that’s tailored to your target audience.
- Quality links from other high authority, relevant French language websites.
Start by choosing the best keywords
We start each project by choosing the best keywords and phrases that will generate enquiries. We analyze how many people search for a particular phrase in Google each month and select the most frequently searched for phrases that are also likely to generate the highest return on investment (ROI). Our calculation is based on their relevance and their SEO competition (how good the SEO is on the top 20 sites for a particular keyword, which has very little correlation with PPC competition). We then focus our optimization on these keywords by using them the appropriate number of times in both on-site SEO and in the French articles and links going to your site.
Expert SEO consultation
We can either work with our own team, or if you have content writers or web developers within your company, we're happy to work with them to complete the high level SEO analysis that a site requires before completing the other work. We automate as much of this as possible, using software to generate reports showing frequent errors over the site as a whole, like whether pages have missing or duplicate Metatags. After the automated analysis, a fluent French speaking SEO expert will complete a detailed analysis of your site as a whole, focusing on the home page and other core pages (called landing pages) to provide detailed recommendations and new content that is unique to each site. View a sample website analysis.
Our on-site SEO service includes:
- Writing original content for your site (all content will be 100% original and written by fluent French speakers).
- Matching keywords with specific pages and optimizing existing content to ensure that each page is fully search engine optimized for one or two relevant keywords.
- Optimizing the Title and Description Metatags (Google actually ignores the 'Keywords' metatag, so we don't waste valuable time on this).
- Optimizing the main titles and sub-headings on a page, links between pages, URLs, general text, etc.
- Ensuring standard French formatting is in place, like using a comma rather than a full stop before centimes in prices, showing phone numbers two digits at a time, and using "Vous" and "Tu" where appropriate.
In all we consider over 20 different aspects of on-site SEO to help your website gain maximum online visibility.
That said, it's not all about counting keywords on different parts of each page; these days your site needs to offer something unique, be well researched and engaging in order to rank well with Google. We therefore only use content writers who have a flair for writing and who pay attention to the little things, as well as being able to communicate the overall message of your brand.
Guest blogging with engaging articles
We have fluent, native speakers to write high quality and original articles in French. All content will be 100% original, well researched and written to be engaging and informative.
Our articles will be published on websites that accept guest posts and are related to your own site. Following the Google Panda and Google Penguin algorithm updates, we no longer recommend large volumes of submissions, but instead focus on adding each unique article to a single related site with a high domain authority.
As a result, in addition to the SEO benefit, you will receive a flow of highly targeted traffic to your website and will see both an immediate and a long term benefit.
Social Media and Image Marketing
Using Indigoextra's service gives you the advantage of having a talented graphic design team available in addition to content writers and link builders. This means that when we create your Twitter or Facebook page we will ensure that the profile and background pictures are beautifully designed and that we can create stunning infographics and other shareable social media images that when shared on your social media profiles and on infographic sharing sites help raise awareness of your brand and create organic links to your site.
Appear in the top directories
Directory submissions were once the bread and butter of an SEO campaign, however it's now best to target a small number of the top web directories, rather than doing mass submissions, as Google will ignore duplicate content, or even penalise your site if you have too many links using identical descriptions. We therefore write unique descriptions of your company for each directory submission we complete and only include a handful of submissions in our French SEO campaigns to ensure that we can target the best directories. Where directories let us link to your Facebook or Twitter profile, we will include links to those too, to help improve your social media presence.
Read more details of our French SEO Services.
Why we're the right SEO company in France for you
Indigoextra have offered French SEO and link building services since we were first established in 2006. We have an intimate understanding of how Google works and keep up-to-date with the latest search engine developments. In this time we have helped numerous clients achieve first page positions with Google.fr and gain substantial increases in traffic - see our SEO case studies for more details.
Your project will be run by a bilingual SEO Co-ordinator, so you're free to communicate in English, with the knowledge that a highly experienced team based in France is completing the work for you. We will also tailor our work to your requirements, so whether you're looking for an all-inclusive service, or a French link building agency to supplement your in-house work, we're happy to help.
Please contact our agency today to discuss your requirements with us and receive a free quote.